Saturday 21 March 2020

Artemis Prime.



Hello, I am the space ship Artemis Prime. I was a freight ship. I carried goods of all sorts from my home planet Tau Sigma Pye to far and distant planets that pock mark the unfathomable distances of space. I now travel in interstellar space all alone with no crew. I am dying. Bits and parts of me are falling off. I wanted it in this way. My captain read my mind and prefered me to travel into space instead of scrapping a marvel of technology that I once was. Alone I traverse space. Along the way I meet spacefarers like you. 

I was made in a space ship yard in orbit around my home planet. It took nine long years to build me. I was the lead ship of a class of space freighters. I remember each part of me being put together. The workmen took such enthusiasm and delight in building me. There I was being put together nut, bolt and screw. Only the best high tech materials, computer systems and the finest equipment to lift and offload cargo. Each part was carefully put in place by the most advanced construction technologies. When they completed me they and the building crews were rightly proud. My crew came before I was launched and marveled  at me. 

In my life I have visited the far flung planets. I have visited colonies on other planets belonging to the inhabitants of my home world. I have seen planets full of life
Lush verdant worlds with unique beings. Large planets, small planets. Some were  rocky, some were covered in oceans with no land, some gaseous, some with intelligent life, some with simple life, some friendly, some xenophobic and some with irredescent coloured skies with oceans of emerald blue, green and red.

I have carried cargoes of food, machinery, cyborgs, robots, vehicles and people. I have carried cargo for emergencies, for war and for peace. I have been pursued by space pirates, and on a few special occasions I came across space farers exploring for contact with new civilisations

After many many years of travel and adventure my captain decided it was time for me to retire.
I was growing too long in the tooth. My cranes,forklifts and computer systems were becoming unreliable. The signs of age. It is a the cycle of birth life and death. My crew agreed with the captain that I should be left to travel alone in space. I was more than just a machine. I was a living being to them which they loved and cherished. So traveler, I now travel alone. I bid you farewell. I will soujurn in space till I am no more. Farewell farewell. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Apocalyse

  It has now come to this The Apocalypse has arrived Loneliness, despair, a toxic brew A devilish concoction  It has poisoned my mind Hopele...